We learn so much as we travel, don’t we?
Whether it’s something about a new culture, a language, history, or even something about ourselves, travel certainly accelerates our ability to learn. We all learn new things as we explore the world. Even if you’re not a museum geek, there are so many opportunities for learning something new.
Every week, we’ll be announcing our upcoming #InspireToWander Twitter chat on this blog. Didn’t know we had a weekly Twitter travel chat? It happens every Tuesday at 9pm ET / 6pm PT and you’re always welcome to join us.
Here are the questions for the chat for your viewing (and GIF planning) pleasure:
Q1: Have you ever learned about another country through their traditions or customs? Tell us about it! #InspireToWander
Q2: Have you ever studied a language? Have you used it during your travels? #InspireToWander
Q3: What is one of the most valuable things you’ve learned about another culture while traveling? #InspireToWander
Q4: Have you ever studied abroad for school? Share your experiences! #InspireToWander
Q5: One of the best ways to learn about a culture is through their cuisine. Have you ever taken a cooking class in another country? #InspireToWander
Q6: Do you like to visit libraries or bookshops abroad? Where are your favourites? #InspireToWander
Q7: Learning about the history of a destination is incredibly important. Are historic sites a regular occurrence in your travel itineraries? #InspireToWander
Q8: What is the best museum you’ve visited in another country? #InspireToWander
Q9: Learning while travelling doesn’t have to take you abroad. Tell us about an experience you had learning about the history/culture of your local area! #InspireToWander
Q10: Travelling isn’t just learning about others. What’s one of the biggest things travelling has taught you about yourself? #InspireToWander
BONUS: What’s one thing you’ve learned that absolutely blew you away. Share so we can learn too! #InspireToWander
How to Participate
- Our Twitter chat happens weekly on Tuesday at 9pm ET / 6pm PT. Not sure what time that is in your area of the world? Go to: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/ to figure out what time it is where you are. The Twitter chats are 1 hour in length so feel free to pop by whenever you can.
- Follow the hashtag #InspireToWander and use it in all of your replies. On Twitter, search for #InspireToWander and click the “Latest” tab to see every tweet in the chat. Don’t forget to put #InspireToWander at the end of your tweets or no one else will see them.
- Every 5 minutes, a new question will be asked from the admin accounts: @InspireToWander, @IBBTravel, @JustinLaurenXO and possibly other accounts if we bring on guest hosts. These will be phrased like: “Q1: Where do you love to travel? #InspireToWander”. When you reply, write: “A1: I love traveling to Iceland because it’s so beautiful there! #InspireToWander”. Feel free to elaborate with photos, GIFs, whatever you’d like – let your creativity flow!
- Your conversation isn’t limited to the questions asked. I’m sure you’ll get off topic now and again – it’s all part of the fun!
- The chat topics will be posted in the group a week ahead of time, and you’ll get to see the questions in advance on Monday at 12:00pm ET. This way, if you want to schedule any answers ahead of time, feel free to do so.
- If you have any questions, please ask and we’re happy to help you! If you haven’t joined our travel community yet, that’s the easiest way to reach us: click here to join!