Boo! Did I scare you?
Even if you scare easily, there are all sorts of creepy places around the world that are worth checking out. From haunted tours to abandoned places, we’re celebrating all of your spooky travels this week, just in time for Halloween. Pack your Halloween costume and your courage and let’s chat about Spooky Travel!
Every week, we’ll be announcing our upcoming #InspireToWander Twitter chat on this blog. Didn’t know we had a weekly Twitter travel chat? It happens every Tuesday at 9pm ET / 6pm PT and you’re always welcome to join us.
Here are the questions for the chat for your viewing (and GIF planning) pleasure:
Q1: Do you consider any destinations around the world to be “spooky” or “scary”? Why? #InspireToWander
Q2: Have you visited any Halloween themed destinations? Share your fav pics! #InspireToWander
Q3: Have you ever worn a costume while traveling? Share your stories (and your pics if you’ve got them!) #InspireToWander
Q4: What’s the scariest place you’ve ever visited and why? #InspireToWander
Q5: Are you a fan of taking haunted tours? Why or why not? #InspireToWander
Q6: Have you ever visited an abandoned place or ghost town? Tell us about it! #InspireToWander
Q7: Have you ever had a paranormal experience while travelling? Where were you & what happened? #InspireToWander
Q8: Dark tourism is becoming more prominent in the travelsphere. Is this something you’re interested in? Why or why not? #InspireToWander
Q9: Does your bucket list include any spooky tours/destinations? Let’s hear them! #InspireToWander
Q10: Are there any places you’ll never visit because they’re too scary or spooky? #InspireToWander
BONUS: What are you doing for Halloween this year (or what did you do if you celebrated this past weekend)? #InspireToWander
How to Participate
- Our Twitter chat happens weekly on Tuesday at 9pm ET / 6pm PT. Not sure what time that is in your area of the world? Go to: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/ to figure out what time it is where you are. The Twitter chats are 1 hour in length so feel free to pop by whenever you can.
- Follow the hashtag #InspireToWander and use it in all of your replies. On Twitter, search for #InspireToWander and click the “Latest” tab to see every tweet in the chat. Don’t forget to put #InspireToWander at the end of your tweets or no one else will see them.
- Every 5 minutes, a new question will be asked from the admin accounts: @InspireToWander, @IBBTravel, @JustinLaurenXO and possibly other accounts if we bring on guest hosts. These will be phrased like: “Q1: Where do you love to travel? #InspireToWander”. When you reply, write: “A1: I love traveling to Iceland because it’s so beautiful there! #InspireToWander”. Feel free to elaborate with photos, GIFs, whatever you’d like – let your creativity flow!
- Your conversation isn’t limited to the questions asked. I’m sure you’ll get off topic now and again – it’s all part of the fun!
- The chat topics will be posted in the group a week ahead of time, and you’ll get to see the questions in advance on Monday at 12:00pm ET. This way, if you want to schedule any answers ahead of time, feel free to do so.
- If you have any questions, please ask and we’re happy to help you! If you haven’t joined our travel community yet, that’s the easiest way to reach us: click here to join!