Traveling on a budget can be so important.
We’re not all rich and we’re definitely not swimming in extra cash to travel around the world indefinitely. To travel often, most of us need to be awesome at budgeting our travel costs. Need some help? I think we can all learn some new tips! Let’s share our ideas and advice!
Every week, we’ll be announcing our upcoming #InspireToWander Twitter chat on this blog. Didn’t know we had a weekly Twitter travel chat? It happens every Tuesday at 9pm ET / 6pm PT and you’re always welcome to join us.
Here are the questions for the chat for your viewing (and GIF planning) pleasure:
Q1: What do you think of when you hear the term ‘budget travel’? #InspireToWander
Q2: What’s the cheapest destination to visit in the world and why? #InspireToWander
Q3: What do you have the most trouble with when it comes to budgeting for a trip? #InspireToWander
Q4: Share a tip with us that consistently helps you to keep costs low while travelling! #InspireToWander
Q5: Do you ever stay in budget accommodations like hostels or use couchsurfing? Do you recommend them? #InspireToWander
Q6: What’s the most extreme thing you’ve ever done to try and save money while travelling? #InspireToWander
Q7: How do you save money on flights? #InspireToWander
Q8: Do you participate in any points programs to try and earn free travel? If so, what programs do you use? #InspireToWander
Q9: Have you ever tried to stick to a certain budget or amount each day while traveling and what was it? #InspireToWander
Q10: What’s your favourite activity to do that helps you keep costs down while travelling? #InspireToWander
BONUS: Have you ever completely blown your travel budget? What happened? #InspireToWander
How to Participate
- Our Twitter chat happens weekly on Tuesday at 9pm ET / 6pm PT. Not sure what time that is in your area of the world? Go to: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/ to figure out what time it is where you are. The Twitter chats are 1 hour in length so feel free to pop by whenever you can.
- Follow the hashtag #InspireToWander and use it in all of your replies. On Twitter, search for #InspireToWander and click the “Latest” tab to see every tweet in the chat. Don’t forget to put #InspireToWander at the end of your tweets or no one else will see them.
- Every 5 minutes, a new question will be asked from the admin accounts: @InspireToWander, @IBBTravel, @JustinLaurenXO and possibly other accounts if we bring on guest hosts. These will be phrased like: “Q1: Where do you love to travel? #InspireToWander”. When you reply, write: “A1: I love traveling to Iceland because it’s so beautiful there! #InspireToWander”. Feel free to elaborate with photos, GIFs, whatever you’d like – let your creativity flow!
- Your conversation isn’t limited to the questions asked. I’m sure you’ll get off topic now and again – it’s all part of the fun!
- The chat topics will be posted in the group a week ahead of time, and you’ll get to see the questions in advance on Monday at 12:00pm ET. This way, if you want to schedule any answers ahead of time, feel free to do so.
- If you have any questions, please ask and we’re happy to help you! If you haven’t joined our travel community yet, that’s the easiest way to reach us: click here to join!