Is it winter where you’re living right now?
Maybe you make some efforts to either embrace winter or escape winter. Whatever you do, we want to hear all about it! Join us for this week’s #InspireToWander travel Twitter chat because we’re chatting all about Surviving Winter. Or maybe to you…it’s thriving in winter?
Grab a mug of hot cocoa and your warmest fuzzy sweater and join us. We’ll be on the Twitter machine every Tuesday at 9pm ET / 6pm PT. Follow the hashtag #InspireToWander and you’re good to go!
Here are the questions for the chat for your viewing (and GIF planning) pleasure:
Q1: Are you a fan of the winter season? Why or why not? #InspireToWander
Q2: What is your favourite activity to make winter fun? #InspireToWander
Q3: If surviving winter means escaping somewhere warmer, where do you recommend to visit and why? #InspireToWander
Q4: When the weather gets too cold, what do you do to warm up? #InspireToWander
Q5: What tip to do you have for any traveller who lives in a tropical climate to help them survive the cold temperatures? #InspireToWander
Q6: Do you ski, snowboard, or maybe stay cozy in the chalet? Where are your favorite mountains or ski hills? #InspireToWander
Q7: What’s the silliest or craziest thing you’ve ever done in the cold winter weather? Tell us your stories! #InspireToWander
Q8: Have you ever tried winter camping? If yes, where did you go? If no, would you ever try it – why or why not? #InspireToWander
Q9: What’s the most beautiful winter view you’ve ever seen? We want to see your frozen waterfalls, winter landscapes, northern lights, and more – share your photos if you’ve got them! #InspireToWander
Q10: What’s your most memorable winter adventure to date? Where did it take place & what did you do? #InspireToWander
BONUS: Where are you headed this winter and what will you be doing there? #InspireToWander
How to Participate
- Our Twitter chat happens weekly on Tuesday at 9pm ET / 6pm PT. Not sure what time that is in your area of the world? Go to: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/ to figure out what time it is where you are. The Twitter chats are 1 hour in length so feel free to pop by whenever you can.
- Follow the hashtag #InspireToWander and use it in all of your replies. On Twitter, search for #InspireToWander and click the “Latest” tab to see every tweet in the chat. Don’t forget to put #InspireToWander at the end of your tweets or no one else will see them.
- Every 5 minutes, a new question will be asked from the admin accounts: @InspireToWander, @IBBTravel, @JustinLaurenXO and possibly other accounts if we bring on guest hosts. These will be phrased like: “Q1: Where do you love to travel? #InspireToWander”. When you reply, write: “A1: I love traveling to Iceland because it’s so beautiful there! #InspireToWander”. Feel free to elaborate with photos, GIFs, whatever you’d like – let your creativity flow!
- Your conversation isn’t limited to the questions asked. I’m sure you’ll get off topic now and again – it’s all part of the fun!
- The chat topics will be posted in the group a week ahead of time, and you’ll get to see the questions in advance on Monday at 12:00pm ET. This way, if you want to schedule any answers ahead of time, feel free to do so.
- If you have any questions, please ask and we’re happy to help you! If you haven’t joined our travel community yet, that’s the easiest way to reach us: click here to join!